The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive is now UK law.
- The legislation aims to make producers pay for the collection, treatment and recovery of waste electrical equipment. The regulations also mean that suppliers of equipment like high street shops and internet retailers must allow consumers to return their waste equipment free of charge.
- The amount of WEEE we throw away is increasing by around 5% each year, making it the fastest growing waste stream in the UK. Recycling reduces the environmental and health risks associated with sending electrical goods to landfill.
- Mac Recycle is obliged under these regulations to offer our customers free take-back of their WEEE on a like-for-like basis when they buy a new Electrical or Electronic product from us. Customers must return their like-for-like WEEE item to us within 28 days of purchasing their new item.
- Under the WEEE Regulations, all new electrical goods should now be marked with the crossed-out wheeled bin symbol shown to show that they were produced after 13th August 2005, and should be disposed of separately from normal household waste so that they can be recycled.
- Mac Recycle WEEE registration number is WEE/HC5611UY
Sell my MacBook Pro Today
Guaranteed Prices 100% Data Security Sustainable
100% Data Security